Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Louis Vuitton Press Day for Pre Fall 2013


 Any excuse for fashion! I recently took a trip to see the new Louis Vuitton collection for Pre Fall 2013. I was really excited about it given that I love LV and was keen to see what they had in store for me. I'm pleased to report that the collection was gorgeous!

I've fallen in love with the idea of cropped boxy 60s jackets, bows on necklines, pointed shoes and lace patterns. It was an effortlessly chic collection. I don't know if you have had a chance to view the video I took which can be seen below but they give you a fantastic idea of the complete collection.

The inspirations behind the collection are mainly victorian and 60s. There were some gorgeous playful 60s inspired skirt suits in light pink and a more somber, grown up feel to the oversized coats, lace and color selection. There were elements of men's late 19th century apparel from the inclusion of lace, the velvet ribbon used on necklines and detachable mink collars.
 The shoes were amazing. Pointed and chic for next season. There were some amazing light pink boots, dark blue heels with little pom poms on them and the above sexy pointed pair! There is something incredibly sexy about a pointed shoe. Much more so then the rounded toes I normally sport!

The shoes took inspiration from the 19th century with the pointed toes and fabric choices such as a lux velvet. In fact the velvet pom pom shoes are modelled on 19th century bedroom slippers! I have to say they were completely gorgeous!
 As you can see, the Noe bag now has an entire range of colors to choose from in large and small sizes. The bag has been in existence since 1932 and was originally created to store champagne bottles! Which would have been handy today as I brought home two bottles ready for Valentines day and my anniversary! The larger bags can actually store 5 bottles securely!  I'm personally loving the red leather version.

The bag is only available in stores.
The day took place in the Louis Vuitton press room on Bond Street. I do love a good stroll down Bond Street and the window displays were incredible! It was nice to have an excuse to visit London - I don't do it enough!

I think the above black coat was my pick of the collection. It's an incredible simple design but so effective and stunning. It's given me plenty of ideas for next season. I already think of seasons in terms of fashion journalism which is, next season is not spring but fall already! How cute is that bow?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar